Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Of Villages..and Resolutions..and Going back :(

It’s been long since I blogged..partly because I haven’t been keeping well and also because I’m trying to hold on to the last few days I have left of my holidays at home….and then it’s going to be back to college.. Not that I don’t enjoy college,I mean yeah..college IS a lotta fun…but home..well,nothing can beat home …..naaa….. :) *sigh*

To talk about other things..I had a nice trip to my village,was there for three days…three days when all I did was EAT!! Man! Everybody was in a state of shock to see that I’d shed my baby-fat ,lost a good 10 kilos(which according to them is disastrous and I was much better off as an overweight lousy teenager!!!)and that’s precisely why all they did was made sure I had 3(*gulp*)servings of everything..and I actually HAD to eat all of it because it was my first time there and I was a little..ahem..intimidated by everyone….!! So,I ate….and ate..and ate..to the point where I had to actually go for a walk to the ghaats of the river Ganga after every meal,in order to..well…digest….all that I’d eaten!!And I stopped complaining after a while because..lets face it now..the food WAS YUM!!hehehe!!The vegetables were plucked straight from our own fields and the fresh,unpolluted,clean air of the village did ensure that my appetite did not die and at the same time,my stomach did not die either!!! I even had a ride on one of the ‘tum-tums’..you know,those carts driven by mules and horses…ohh!that WAS fun!! Me and my Dad went trotting on our new means of transportation across the bazaar that looked straight out of the sets of ‘Rab ne bana di jodi’..Those narrow ‘gullies’ were decked with tiny shops where you could find all the necessary items of daily use. All in all,it the trip was a new experience for me,and it was good to be out with the entire family together-me,my Mum and Dad after a reeeely long time :)

Came back home on 31st and welcomed the new year tucked away cosily in bed..sound asleep!!(Btw,HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!) The first day of the new year was spent receiving phone calls and wishing all near and dear ones and being forced into making resolutions by a friend because I absolutely HATE making resolutions,for the simple fact that I think I will never ever follow them..but this friend of mine finally convinced me by saying that “this year is going to be different,I’m sure you’ll be able to keep ‘em”..and all that….So,I did make a few..ahem…”resolutions”..Here they go:
Firstly,I’ll try my level best to improve my Gpa this semester(which plummeted to an all-time low last time…not that I didn’t know it would..but at the same time,I NEED to work more hard..)
Secondly,I have decided to just let things be….stop trying that hard to make things go my way..and leave certain things as it is..because I think its all making me learn a lot about life…
Now,I don’t know if I’ll end up following these ahem..resolutions…but..what the heck,I can atleast try!!

So,I’m going to back to college on 9th…don’t feel like going back..at all… :( These holidays were good fun..had a nice stay home,was pampered by my parents(yet again!!),had a good time with friends,was touched by certain small gestures made by people I did’nt think would ever do it,and got time to figure my life out(which seemed to be heading for the dumps…) The train journey is going to take me three whole days..*phew*..and settling back to college life will perhaps take..eternity.......
Anyways,hoping that this semester will be as wild and whacky as the earlier ones have been…and a tad bit less harsh on us mortals as far as academics are concerned…!! And hoping I stick to my new year resolutions after all……….. ;) HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU AGAIN... :) :) :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

village life is vrey peaceful ... :)


and dunt wory dear! this year will be better...whatever happens, happens for da best ...

Anonymous said...

and hey HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

HP said...

aww.... i miss my village... they're heavenly places... make you want to wake up at dawn and walk on the dew drenched grass... i miss it soo much ..

we gotta meet up again before you leave. plan banao kuch. and we can have all the yummy things we missed out on the last time u were at my place.. ;)

Shashank Shekhar said...

happy new year..c u in manipal..

Mayuri said...

@arko-yeah,hope th new yr has something good in store fr all of us!!n thanx fr ur wishes :)

@heer-yeah....hasnt ur coll reopened?


@shashank-hmm,before manipal,c u in the train!!

Trinaa said...

mera toh koi village hi nai hai..d max i've seen of villages is from d road journeys to JSR...soooooooooob!!

n yaaaaappy new year to u too love! tc n EAT well!! :)))

peter said...

hey happy new year :D
and yeah villages are fun ..i dun go much but have been there ..so calm it is all the time plus yeah the kind of food u get ...i also eat and sleep whenever i am at home ...improving GPA :-?
yeah i will do that too :D

Lucifer said...

i have neva been to a village but it surely does sound fun...need to plan smthn for meself soon

n happy new year :)

Urv said...

Oyye! Happy new year :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New year !!

Mayuri said...

@tinni-yeah...yeah...eat-well,i will!!!!!!! i HAVE to gain wt tis ttym 4 sure!!! u tc n njoy!:)

@peter-hmmm....improving my gpa seems next to impossible...but will have to do so i guess... *sigh* !!!!!

Mayuri said...

@mayz-happy nw yr to u too!:)

@urv-same to ya :)

@abhishek-thanx n same to u!! :)

bhargav said...

great going life.
and yeah, belated happy new year.