Wednesday, January 21, 2009

21ST.......


I turned 21 last saturday....man! 21..!! I realized how "old" i had become when my friend came up to me the other day and told me that he would never ever send anyone who's 21 a friends request on orkut!! (I mean i know he's a guy...and a jerk for saying something like that..but yeah..I kinda realized that was true..!) Anyways,to think of it..I had a really nice '21st' birthday... My roommate and my friends made sure that as soon as the clock struck 12,the entire hostel came to know that its my birthday..!! They went mad,shouting and singing "happy birthday to you...." in the weirdest tunes possible..! Out came the cake with (*sigh*) 21 candles on it,which I proudly blew off all at once...and then....there was WAR....!! I was running everywhere for shelter..phone in one hand..trying to save myself from the onslaught of cake from all sides!! My friends made sure that there was cake all over me and the corridor before they started throwing water at me....!!(i know it sounds really kiddish..but we were actually throwing ice-cold water on each other and giggling like idiots in the middle of the night..!!) when finally our matron came and scolded us for the noise we were creating...So,forced to face reality..I got back to my room,attended a few more calls..and then helped everyone in cleaning up the mess we had created..I can tell you it was a sight to see my friends actually carrying brooms and mops and wiping the floor clean,while I was busy splashing water all around the corridor to help them... :D :D :D A bath at 1.30 at night ended those birthday celebrations..for the moment..
I had a full-day off on 17th so woke up late..and then went off for lunch.And then,my friends gave me a nice little surprise as a birthday gift..one of them had actually preaped a PPT for my birthday with all my photos and comments alongside...And it was even more special 'coz I was least expecting it from him...!! Anyways,with all that done,it was time for the actual "party".. had a good time at dinner,me and my closest pals here spent time together after really long,it felt really nice..but the icing on the cake was yet to come.. I was returning from dinner when another classmate(actually he'sne of the people I'v come to kno recently,and we gel along really well..) called me up to wish me and asked me to wait for him outside the hostel 'coz he was coming to meet me... So,I was waiting..and then there he comes...asks me what gift I want for my birthday,,and when I jokingly said I wanted a ride on his bike..he agrees!!! Man! He actually took me for a ride on his bike,treated me to an appy-fizz..scared me to death by performing all kinds of antics in the middle of he road...but absolutely made my day!! I was delighted....
I couldn't have asked for a better ending for my birthday....!!!
I was really overwhelmed by the numerous wishes i got that day..by people I was least expecting,and the efforts my friends made to make the day so very special... :) :)
So,turning 21 turned out to be fun....and anyways,I dont feel 21..dont look 21(people say so..!!)and ..well..heck! who cares for age.... I think I'm ready to face 22 as well!!
But for now,I'm just taking in the feeling of growing "old"... ;) ;) and well,for the record,I'M LOVING IT!!

11 comments:

peter said...

ohh only water is fyn ...but eggs and rotten tomatos form the mess makes it smell like anythng ..ask me we have doe that .and the corridor .wud smell for next 2-3 weeks :D

and turning in to 21 makes u feel old ,,,even i felt the same a few months ago :D and heck!!
here comes 22nd ..this june :D

we are so old ...and the blogger is turning so young wid kids evrywhere ..i feel so old :(

Mayuri said...

i know...its super crappy in the guys hostel..my frnds get brutally beaten up man!! thank heavens for being a girl...
and yeah about 21 yrs of age....it does feel old..shit!!

Trinaa said...

21 sucks..bigtime! siiiiigh..we r now on d wrong side of 20! :(

Lucifer said...

u think 21 is ol???
dont even get me started...m gonna b 26 soon :((((

21 is like d best age...one becomes legal to do so many things!!!

happy belated bday :)

Arv said...

21 is just about the right age to go wild... but do take care :)

Have a lovely year ahead... glad you had a beautiful start...

have a nice day... cheers...

HP said...

woowww !! masti !!

i'm SO glad you enjoyed so much ...!! :D :D

...and who's this new guy haan?? and why havent you mentioned him before?? *suspicious look*

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

Happy 21st :D :D have fun (always)

john said...

well sure you had fun alright...
these moments cant be robbed from you ever.. they stay embedded...keep them dep within you..when you feel down, you retrieve them...

Mayuri said...

@tinni- i know.......its rotten!! I feel soo old!!

@mayz- thanks fr the wishes.... i can very well imagine hw bad i'll feel wen i turn 25,nw that im cribbing so much fr 21...!!

Mayuri said...

@arv- thanku sooo much.. :) :)

@heer- uff...this "mystery" guy is just a friend yar1! u just keep running ur imaginations wild!!

Mayuri said...

@ill try .. - thanku so much!

@john- yeah,true...i really had a good tym!