Thursday, November 13, 2008

How we first met....

Do you remember how we first met?
Its one of the sweetest memories I possess
I look back and see us both-two strangers
Meeting for the first time and I wonder
Who would have guessed then how our friendship would grow
And become as binding as only we both know
Whether tempest blows ,or gale, or storm
To know I have” you” to lean my head on
Whether strife you encounter,or battle,or war
I’m here for you.. I’l be there when you call
To the wish I have for you on this day
Is for you and I to remain always this way
And maybe when years and more have gone
And I with wrinkled cheeks am forlon,
Perhaps with hopes all dashed to the ground
Perhaps-dreams-all shattered-shall surround,
And all around me-everywhere,
Will be the desolate earth,empty n bare-
The thought of “you” will still make me smile..
And I’ll stop all who pass & say”wait a while”
For though my eyes are weak and old
And my mind fable-or so I’m told
There remains one thing I can never forget
For I still remember how we first met….


Naa...this aint written by me(I cannot write poetry AT ALL....!) I'd come across this particular piece when I was in school and was "in love" for the first time!!(just infatuation mind you..but that was "love" for me back then,and maybe even now!lol...!)..and ever since its been really close to my heart...Every time I read it,I actually get goosebumps all over..infact I think I'v read it sooo many times that I know it by heart now....


*sigh*(if only somebody had written it for me!!!)........ :-)

19 comments:

Lucifer said...

ahhh someday someone will :)

Mayuri said...

@mayz-i hope so....i hope so.. :)

peter said...

hmmm it happens sometimes you read thngs again and again if u like it ..even i have so many quotes that i keep looking at ..all the time since my skool days :D

Trinaa said...

hmmmmmmmmmm...very nice mayuri very nice...*winkie wink* :PPPPP

Mayuri said...

@peter-ya..even i do the same..this one's jst one of those innumerabl quotes and poems i collect

@trinaa-thanku....thanku...:) :)
(yr u winking huh??)

HP said...

ayyeee !! nice poem !!

and WHO were you in 'love' with in school ?!? kuch batati bhi na ho .. hunh ! :-/

john said...

sweet post..these lines seem to bring back those moments..be it of infatuation or love ... its the original of jab we met :p:p:p

man in painting said...

nice..
wishes..
mip

Abhi said...

It is a nice poem!

and yes, fikar not, kisi din aisa bakra bhi milega jo tumhare liye ye poem rat ke sunayega :D

Mayuri said...

@hp-hmm....ya,ill cm home n tell u all the d details.. ;) ;)

Mayuri said...

@john-thanx...the very feelin of liking someone or "being in love" is the sweetest feeling ever..i agree...!!
@man in painting-thanku.. :)

Mayuri said...

@abhi-hehe! bakra nai chahiye lekin!!

Anonymous said...

no? really?

Mayuri said...

@deluded-no..not a bakra..no..dont wannna give "him" tht name..:)

Abhi said...

lol. ofcourse, ofcourse!

us khushnaseeb ko bakra kehna to behad nainsaafi hogi :)

Mayuri said...

@abhi-ya....nw u got it ryt...!!!

Bhai with Chai said...

u really want a guy who'l write poetry for u?
I'd prefer someone who can sing and cook! ;-)

Mayuri said...

@bhai with chai-haha!! actually id prefer someone who can do both!! ;)

Anonymous said...

lovely poem.
Dont think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.


http://cutestangel.wordpress.com/