Monday, December 22, 2008

Roadies..err..BEEEEEP Down Under

It’s been nearly two lazy weeks at home. This IS life….man!! I wake up at 10 in the morning,have breakfast,go online,chat with friends or go out with mom,come back,have lunch,play badminton or carrom in the evening with dad,go online again,have dinner,go off to sleep at about 11 in the night…and have a perfect sleep with weird and whacky dreams…ahh-yes-how could I forget WATCHING TV….!!Now,watching tv for me basically constitutes either listening to the news at regular intervals,or watching the match(now that India finally seems to be playing well..*touch-wood*)or watching all those old episodes of ‘Who’s the boss?’&’The wonder years’ or simply ‘F.R.I.E.N.D.S’(can never grow tired of that J)or ahem…..putting on MTV for some music….. But all I end up doing is…sit and listen to the screaming,torture and mind blowing nonsense courtesy MTV Hero Honda Roadies….(part 4..5…6…..whatever….!!)auditions…because that is what MTV airs day in and day out these days.

Its got so out of hand that day before yesterday..I actually dreamt that I was a part of the “Roadies -Hell Down Under” auditions…yes…I know why I saw this dream-because I’d spent that entire evening watching the bald guy torture hapless guys and girls… In fact this time they have TWO of ‘em….(the bald guys I mean!)..Its double the idioticity,double the abuses being thrown left and right at your faces amidst the BEEP…BEEP...BEEPS……(God!! Someone should tell them that inspite of their BEEPS..we can understand each and every f*****g oops!! “BEEEEEP” abuse they scream out !!!!)and double the shouting…..*phew* Yeah,so, I dreamt I was sitting on that chair (all covered up in a white sheet for reasons I absolutely cannot fathom…!!),infront of me..the two bald twins(Rajiv and Ramesh…..Ramesh and Raghu…..errr……Laurel and Hardy…whatever..!!)asking me what was the “most adventurous thing” I had done in my life(a question they ask everyone in every single episode..and still never get satisfied by any answer!!)..to which my answer- “Dissecting two mosquitoes and determining their age,sex and nationality,and cremating them suitably..with my best friend when I was in standard 4”.. GASP!!!!!!!!! WHAT!!!! What an utterly,horribly,horrendously,stupidly idiotic answer was that…!!??!! Hehehe!!!

Now,I don’t wanna blame the two “studs” completely…I mean,I can totally understand their frustration on being confronted by total weirdos,with absolutely whacky thoughts… (and there are quite a lot of such cartoons..!!) A good majority of the contestants are just fake and put on all the attitude in the world,pretend to be cool and hep and happening…or are really dumb without any knowedge on any topic whatsoever..(except perhaps the count of how many boyfriends or girlfriends they’v had or have!!) And the competition for this dumbness grows every year… I mean this year there was actually a contestant who said that she has “3 steedy boyfriends presently…”and she loved “all of theem” and all 3 know about the “aather two”…(Bengali accent if you did’nt get it by now!!)..and that she “oaance jumped from a balcony” (or something)…not to commit suicide but because “haar friend had done”black magic” on haar”….man!!What an interesting tale…deserves an Oscar nomination…or even better –it can be made into a film by Ram Gopal Verma starring our very own roadies contestant,and others,with some music by Himesh Reshhamiya(did I get the spelling right..!!??!!)And(hang on,thers more!) when asked to put back the white cloth cladden chair to its place after a round of dancing she went “uff…sooo…heeevy..baaba…..” gulp..!! STANDING OVATION!!

I can go on and on writing about the funny and weird things people actually do to get noticed..(like the guy who actually removed the glasses he had on,put on sunglasses he had tucked away safely in his pocket for his time of glory,and started with”dil kya chahta he,tumhe kya me bataoo…Rock ON!!!.....in perfect gujju accent…..PRAISE THE LORD!! Or the guy who claimed outside that he could jack Raghu and Rajeev’s case and abuse them..and ended up saying”abe taklu..” to the two man-eaters inside…hmm..very courageous!!) but it might never end. Now I know its not an easy task to face those two goons who can demoralize anybody almost very very effectively…and I donot take away any credit from all those “fearless” contestants at all…But what the hell…some of them DO tend to be hilarious….. :D :D:D

As for the outcome of my dream..you might ask…Did I get selected or not?? Well,after that answer I gave them…. It was all…..

BEEEP…..BEEEEP…….BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP…. :-)

21 comments:

Cяystal said...

First thing--> I love the title of the post ! :P
Secondly--> I love Paolami (MAN!..her nautanki DESERVED an Oscar!)
And I totally love Roadies n Raghu and Rajib (Rs rule :D)

Par maine bhi bahut baar imagien kia hai of being a contestant of Roadies..nd the results were *aheeeem!!*

Shashank Shekhar said...

hehe...that was funny..and about the dream..dude..you should try and watch less of roadies..else u might end up dreaming that you are either rajeev or raghu.. :P

Trinaa said...

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! :P
bigtime nautanki that show yaar...i dunno y i watch it in d 1st plc! ;P

Lucifer said...

MTV Hero Honda Roadies...whats dat????

Unknown said...

Just came across your blog....nicely written.
>>‘F.R.I.E.N.D.S’(can never grow tired of that J)
Very true :)

Also, they actually selected that gujju guy, i guess it will be fun watching actual journey :D

Mayuri said...

@crystal-- Paolomi was xceptional..man!! total nautanki :):)

@shashank--me turning into raghu or rajeev--err..fat chance of that happening..lol.!!

@tinni--i know....even i cant understand that very basic fact..y DO i watch it??hehe!!

@mayz--just put on MTV for half an hour,n u'll get the answer my friend...!!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

But don't you love Roadies?

I like watching.

It's good for Indian television.

http://notsodivinediu.blogspot.com/2008/12/raghu-in-superman-tee-perfect.html

HP said...

HAHAHahahahaha !! this is one awesome post!!

"so heeavey baba !" - hahahahaah - cant stop laughing.
and she's jumped off howrah bridge most probably... "mein national tv pey bolungi to aap vishwas kaaroge? paaakka?"

must say they've selected the coolest "cartoons" this time.

and that gujju guy was sooo.... PERFECT !! hahahaha ... u think i should start talking in that gujju accent??

Mayuri said...

@vinit--hehe! i kno..the gujju guy was hilarious..real simple fellow tho'..the actual show isgonna be FUN!!

@divinediu-ohh yea..i like roadies..its good entrtainment..and thnx fr the link,will surely chk this one out ;)

@heer--hehe!thanx..wer'nt we discussing about poulomi the othr day....lol.....!!that conversation inspird me ;)and as fr speakin in tht gujju accent...umm....NO!dont!!

Toonfactory said...

Hahahaha... I remember that colorful weird lukin Bong Chick..She Jaampd intoo Hubli actually...Lolz...damn funny it was...(I am still laughing after reading your transliteration of the conversation)...Real nice blog..write more often..will ya?
(came here via- Urv's Blog)

Mayuri said...

@toonfavtory...thanku,thanku..(u got me blushing!!)..man!! poulomi WAS colourful..i forgot to mention abou that..!!hehe!!

Lala said...

wow... i used to have that kind of vella time too when i was in college... by the way i saw you are in manipal... best place on earth... i miss my manipal days. what are you studying? and keep dreaming and enjoying your holidays... after all you'll soon be back in college shouting your share of **beeps** on your friends and teachers. enjoy.

Mads said...

heehee i loved the title of ur post :) and lol..roadies is like awesome this time..the 'raaack on' guy..was simply LOL...paulomi de..so heavy baba =)) i nearly fell off laughnig..i watched the a'bad and the calcutta auditions 5 times nearly.. lol... =))

ROADIES RULE ! :D

Mayuri said...

@lala-yea..i kno the "beeps" r gonna continue once im back to college.. I'm studying engineering 2nd yr...n manipal IS alotta fun,love all the wellapanti!! btw,hw wr u associated with manipal?

Mayuri said...

@mads-thanku,thanku..
man!! this tym around Roadies is turning out to b holarious,i mean the contestants hv neva been this funny!! aaand evrybdy seems to b loving poulomi..hehe!! all tht "nautanki" did her a lot of good!!

Lala said...

oh. wow. i finished my engineering this year from MIT... i was in EnE. am in bangalore right now.. working in Sungard... wow... you have 2 glorious years of college life ahead of you... enjoy... how i wish i could live those days again...

Mayuri said...

@lala-heyy evn im in EnE..Thts gr8!cz im struggling wit it,n uv passed out so u can help me out ;)
yea,colleg IS good fun,but love spending my hols at home as well...
hope my college life turns out to b real good!!:)

Lala said...

ah. yes. machines and all that... baap re. kissi tarah i also passed... hey... whenever you have time, do drop me a mail about the people back there in manipal... VVT still the HOD? and who all are teaching you? anyway... enjoy your college days... my e mail is animeshpriya@gmail.com

take care.

seriously_frivolous said...

I loved your answer on mosquitoes. Really..wish some one would answer some thing like that to these guys...

Mayuri said...

@lala-yea sure..

@seriouly_frivolous-lol...thanx!!

Bhumi said...

hehhahahah sso damn funny dear ..can't stop laughing ..... all those who got selected r sso stupid n oafish.....n ur mosquito n bisection etc reely sucks chi yuck...hate mosquitoes frm now.......paulomi dey i think tried to jump off the hugli/tuli some f**** bridge...whateva... (i even watch d repeats)hahaha