Friday, October 17, 2008

"KARVA-CHAUTH"

I just witnessed the funniest sight ever in my hostel life...(specifically "hostel life"..because otherwise my hostel is full of really "intellectually refined" 1st year students..studying most of the time ,realizing the fact that scoring good marks in the 1st year is a piece of cake...and..umm..in the 2nd year..well...dont even ask!!)..
Anyways,so..me and my roommate had just finished dinner and we were both at the wash basin washing our hands,looking at the mirror and discussing about one of our classmates' orkut profile and his "about me"(which,btw,is hilarious as well..!!Seems like all funny things are coming to light today..!!)...Across our corridor I could see a goup of 7-8 girls standing and talking at the top of their voices...We felt a tad bit irritated because their voices were loud enough to reach upto our room and I had finally succeeded in bringing myself to start studying for the impending exams from next thursday...So,we graciously ignored them and came back to the room.I had just started writing a blog post on a completely different topic..when all hell broke lose.. we suddenly heard the same group of girls going "ohhhhhhooooo....."(in typical girly style!!)...and then came the "grand finale"-
"I LOVE YOU ABHISHEK!!!"
I rushed out of the room thinking that some lucky "Abhishek" fellow had been proposed by one of our group of girls.....and guess what I instead came across.......???
Lo behold! Right in front of my eyes...I saw one of my hostel junior dolled up in a Red saree...with full make-up on....bangles in the hand...and God only knows what else...standing in the corridor,in conversation with her "Abhishek" on the phone..and.......(here comes the best part.....!!!......*drumroll*......)breaking her KARVA-CHAUTH FAST..!!! Annddd...I'm not done yet....one of her friends holding a "thaali" with all "teeka" n stuff(really dont know wat all you are supposed to keep in that "thaali"!)ready for her.....all the while our main protagonist for the hour,blushing and going beet root red on the phone..(guess her Abhishek must be telling her that he could picture her in a saree even on the phone,and complementing her on how pretty she must be looking..or maybe telling her that even he had kept a fast for her...hehehe!! :) : ) )
I couldnot stop laughing and immediately called my roommate....and ever since the both of us have called up everybody we know and described to them vividly this hilarious event....!!!
This was seriously good fun..I desperately needed it amidst all the exam tension and the other bull shit in life..
God bless the girl for providing cheer in our monotonous lives...I hope and pray to God she has many such Karva chauths in her life...May she and Abhishek have a "happily-ever-after life"..!!
(Ohhh....Manipal amazes me every single day...!!!!!)
Anyways..have my exams from next thursday...gotta go study....:( :(

Till then.....here's wishing you all a very HAPPY KARVA-CHAUTH..!!

20 comments:

HP said...

*rolling laughter*

sounds like something Tinni would have done about a year back, no?

Trinaa said...

muahhaha..mauri..baap re baap! fast 4 a bf? phunny ppl..wid d way things hv been goin..my husband wud hv to fast 4 his own lambi aayu...mujhe toh bahut bhuukh lagti hai ji! :P

@heer..wtf pathak? i wud so NOT hv!!

Lucifer said...

a fast for a bf??? :o :o
dat wud so freak me out!!!!

Mayuri said...

@heer-sahi me tinni?? ;) ;)

Mayuri said...

@tinni-haa..actually,same with me....it was hilarious tho'...
thts y they say hostel life is so mch fun ;) ;)

Mayuri said...

@mayz-hehe!! full "nautanki" i tell u...!! :";)

peter said...

gals do that ??
must have been a crazy gal !!
wondering how can wearing a saree without being afraid of getting ridiculed is a possbl task in a hostel ...!!

btw let's not laugh and respect her love for her bf but I wonder how the bf allowed her to do it for him ...!!

but anyways must hv been fun to see :P

Mayuri said...

@peter-ohh..u dont know hw funnily idiotic these girls cn b...and ya,i do respect hr sentiments..but lyk u sed it WAS good fun!! :)

Cяystal said...

Hey!
I second Mayz..a fast fr guyfriend would be like..WTF! :D
All the best for yr exam btw :P..do well.

Mayuri said...

@crystal-hehe! i kno..!! and thnx..realy need the wishes...:)

john said...

as u termed it "hilarious"...but we shudnt ridicule her semntiments...[:p]

Chaggoholic.... said...

Hahahaha cant add more HAs to that if required. Loved the post....

Mayuri said...

@john-not hurting neone's sentiments..jst found it a lil ovr the top...

@chaggoholic-hehe!thanx! :) :)

Saim said...

vagaries of love, I tell u:D

Cяystal said...

You needn't mention it..
do drop by my blog sometime.:)

Bhai with Chai said...

i wanna b there! swear!
god bless that woman! jus when i was thinking how the hell do females 'commit' and 'trust' guys these days.. i come across this!
ROTFL! :D
mast yaar mast!

kaise karte hain log ye sab?

peter said...

oye u have been awarded ...:D
grab it !

Mayuri said...

@bhai with chai-i swear...i still have to figure this out.."kese karte hai log ye"....
@peter-yeah..thnx!

phatichar said...

nice post.. :-)

Mayuri said...

@phatichar-thanku... :)