Thursday, October 30, 2008

My "Bestest" Friend



I'v been sitting on my laptop for the past 30 minutes now,with the "create post" option in front of me..waiting to write down a new post...but all I have been doing instead is messaging my best friend who just left manipal after a 5 day trip from bangalore an hour ago.... And,therefore,I finally decided to write this blog post about her.....So,baby,this ones for you.. :)

Me and Disha have been best friends for 17 years now...yes 17 long years...phew...seems like a lot huh?? I remember we first became friends in kindergarten..running around the premises,looking at the birds and animals in the mini zoo at school.... :) And one fine day she went away...to another school..I was heartbroken but managed to survive for one entire year there making new friends...never even thinking that we would ever meet again... But as fate would have it,I changed school the next year..and my welcome to class on the first day turned out to be an amazing surprise when I saw Disha walking up to me in P.T class(yes,i remember all the details!!)and asking me "tum mayuri ho na?"..hehehe!! And so,our friendship started all over again....

And is continuing till now....We'v been the closest of friends for so long now..and I'm so glad I have her by my side :)
Both of us have had the most awesome times together in school and outside...Have had very few fights(*touchwood*)..Played stupid pranks-things like sitting inside the car..shouting out "PAPA","UNCLE"..to any random person crossing us and then hiding beneath the seat!! or catching hold of two mosquitoes,slapping them dead,and then supposedly dissecting them,and deciphering their age,sex,gender...and even cremating them according to their caste..!!!(twas damn funny!!!)..Man! We'v fallen in and out of love at nearly the same time...Shared a huge crush on Hrithik Roshan together(she finally giving in to my eternal love for him though..!!)..Even shared the pains of not clearing the competitive exams in the first attempt and dropping for a year.......:(
And what not...
*sigh* how I miss the good old times we shared......


Well,its been nearly a year now since we'v both settled down in our respectives colleges..Life has changed a lot...I now meet her only once a year..but we are still the same.... :)
I know i can still call her up at any odd hour of the day(or night!!) and discuss my problems or just listen to her speak about what all is going on in her life...She has been with me through thick and thin,listening to me patiently...advising me on the huge number of problems i keep on having ;)...blabbering random shit about random people..and so much more... :)

And thats why I was soooo glad when she decided to come down to manipal for diwali..Ihad an amazing time with her these 5days..we caught up on all the lost times,chatting day in and day out...just like old times.. :) She left today and all this while has been messaging from the bus asking me to take care and stay good..(so very typical of her..!!)..
I had been feeling a little low ever since she left,and so I decided to dedicate this blogpost to her.. :)



So,..here goes.....
Thank you for being there for me always...I really need your friendship..Its something I treasure the most...Thank you for being my FRIEND....
Already missing you. :) Can't wait to see you in december again..... :)

Girl,you completely ROCK!! Way to go...... loads of love :) :) :)






12 comments:

peter said...

i am the 1st one to comment
YAY !!

the picture is gud and I was lol'ng in between the post that u guys dissected mozzies to see the genders :O :D :D

and yeah best friends are alwys fun to be with ...suprisingly i have made a few in my collg days only so i guess i am gonna miss them after the collg gets ova :(

nice post there

Mayuri said...

thanx :):)
and yeah...the dissecting thing was reeally hilarious!!

Trinaa said...

disha was THERE????? n u didnt even tell us? huuuuuuuumph..!!

n lol at d cremation part! how d hell did u decide d caste/religion?? muhahahha..n y d hell did i nt noe abt this till nw?? :P

n heyyyyyyyyy..i took that pic na? in Ecstacy? or was it heer? either way its a fab pic n both of u r lookin gr8!! :)) tc ji..

Mayuri said...

@tinni-i told heer..i thot she myt hv told ya.. newez,ya,its a reealy nice pic..so thankku for takin it :)
And as for the mosquito story..lol..twas hilarious...we wr in std 4 thn..and man!did we fool around wid th cremation thing!!! i wonder hw i havnt told u abt it abhi tak??

HP said...

aww.... :') :') *sniff sniff*

u dissected and cremated mosquitoes !!! OMG!!! ROFLMAO !!!!! :D :D :D :D

u guys rock !! totally !!
love u both!!! :D :D :D :D

Mayuri said...

@heer-love u tooo.... :) :) :)

Bhai with Chai said...

oiii.. mosquitoes.. u serious!
that would've been SO much fun..! crazyy but funnnnnnnn! :D

//We'v fallen in and out of love at nearly the same time...Shared a huge crush on Hrithik Roshan together(she finally giving in to my eternal love for him though..!!)..

reminded me of my friend.. it was Abhishek bachchan in the scene tho! ;-)

i hope you make your friend read this! :)

Mayuri said...

@bhai with chai-SERIOUS fun!!!
and ya..i will ask my frnd to read this..shed better. ;) ;)
thanx fr commenting btw... :)

Ashish Gourav said...

"......That I can know everything and get miserable marks..."
seriously?
It must be the other way round

Mayuri said...

@ashish-yes seriously....it does wrk tht way

VagaBond said...

SWEET!!

Unknown said...

sorry for commentin so late....but newez u know i luvd it alot...n i luv u too baby...n take care...