Thursday, July 3, 2008

MYTH-BUSTER

Ohkk…to start off where I finished last,I think I said that in my next blog I will explain to the world that we manipal’ites(a term coined by i-don’t-know-who..!) do study………….*long pause*
Do we?????
Hell yeah,we do!!!!
So,let me begin this daunting task of making it very clear to everybody that we,the students of manipal are taught…umm…decently well…I mean I don’t claim that we have the best faculty ever(except I think the mechanical engineering faculty,some would argue),but our teachers are..well..like teachers all over the world..Some are really good-you know,the kind you can actually go up to anytime,speak some nonsense and still find him patiently explaining to you that all that you just told him was nothing but crap…. Then again,some so bad that you wish you are born an illiterate in your next life rather than be taught by such weird characters..and the rest ,well,they’re just there(actually,I’m running out of words to describe..”TEACHERS”!!!..)
College for us DOES mean studies..yeah,there are loads of other things to do apart from studyin(let me not venture into that..!!)but then,I think it’s the same in every college..But no!the entire world seems to think that students in manipal are a bunch of useless idiots doin everythin else apart from studying..Well,well…ask us!! I mean I constitute what is called the mediocre students group-you know,students like me are hanging somewhere in the centre of the academic ladder,not at at the bottom..but certainly not at the top either..we are “just there”..!!And what do I conclude when we see these “useless idiots” working their a****s off throughout the year and at the end of it getting simply outstanding marks…that yeah,people in manipal..do study….And its also true that manipal is the only place where iv seen a students mastering the art of studying like crazy,getting amazing marks..AND partying like crazy again…and I seriously admire these people…
So,that was my justification of the myth of “all play and no work in manipal” for you people..But I realize now,that only a handful of my friends and their friends are going to read this…so I guess,people won’t change what they think…I’ll have to find other ways....(oh,I so wish Mr. Bacchan would have written this blog…!!!!!)

23 comments:

Trinaa said...

dont worry maauri i'll spread the message... ;)
keep writing girl..u totally rock.. :))

HP said...

tinni beat me at it ..but i must say ..u r awesome!! ... and we believe you...and will spread the word... but not until u change the color of the blog.. !!! do it now !!

Mayuri said...

hehe! ohhkk heer as u say..!
thhanx to the both of you heer n tinni,but im no way as good as the both of you...

Trinaa said...

aaiyo...now its blue...whtever happened to good ol classic black??

ya n the only thing v(me n heer) r better at maauri, is publishing posts faster than u do...
since v cant improve d quality..v compensate by increasing d quantity!!

HP said...

right u r tinni ;)

Mayuri said...

hey,nw u guys r being modest..both of u r really good bloggers...m just a beginner!!
and tinni,its back to black!!

Think Tank said...

osum blog ..actually tinni alreay sdaid it but v'll tell ppl dat manipalites atudy..or at least some of dem ...xcept dat u shud put ur running shoes on double quick if u find urself in the ot of 1 of der docs :) ...n were in da hell has everybody discovrd dese bloggin skills frm? im all green

Mayuri said...

heyy thanx farah..btw,long tym no c..so hiii...!!!!

Unknown said...

(** hardcore marathon studying sessions in CCD. Beat it**) ...and they say a lot can happen over coffee. Man! Yet to see the world.

Mayuri said...

ohh yeah..hw cud i forget those "quality tyms" spent in ccd...!!!yup....thanx fr remindin me,sumit.. :))

Unknown said...

"quality time" - heh. Yea. Good way to put it. (**makes me feel less guilty**)

Mayuri said...

ohh..that means ur one of those who spend those "quality tyms" in ccd??hehe!good going!

Unknown said...

If you mean what I think you mean then you're going the wrong way i'm afraid. Hehe, what i really meant was that you referring to listless hours spent drinking blackcurrant shake (try it if you haven't, its super fantabulous!) at edu buliding ccd as 'quality time' was a nice way to make unemployed nomads like you maybe and me feel better. Otherwise no such luck as to what your imagination reckons.

Mayuri said...

my imagination was not running wild at all..and by "quality tym" i did mean spendin endless hrs at ccd sipping on to ur fav mugga-cofee,and having the most awsm piece of chocolate fantasy cake(try that,if u havnt..its reaaly good too)with ice-cream...so,for "unemployed nomads" like me n definately u..THAT ws wt "quality tym" meant...!!hope we got tht straight...

Unknown said...

Haha. We did for sure. And yea fantasy is good, i agree. Which college you in?

Mayuri said...

me in MIT.. u?

Unknown said...

same here...which year?

Mayuri said...

m in the second yr nw..hw bt u?

Unknown said...

I am from the 06-10 batch. You joined last session right?

Mayuri said...

yup...so,wich branch u in?

Unknown said...

EEE...this is not a convenient chat page i figure is it?

PNK said...

Ahh..... Being in the middle of the academic ladder is a lot of fun.... Till a 9 pointer pops along and says,

"Whats your CG?"

Ouch.....

But then, partying is something inherent in people from Manipal.....

Likable blog I must say....

Mayuri said...

@prateek--9 pointers...??ohh u mean aliens...yeah...ryt...!!